Talk about tidal waves of emotions!
When the concept of lockdown actually sunk in, I missed the fact EVERYONE was going to be home. Including the return of one rugby player son whom I was going to have to feed. So when the reality of lockdown hit I felt frustrated that I was not going to be able to truly attack my plan of action. However, I managed to set that aside and embrace what I had control over! A big nod here to Sam Leaper’s Little Book of Wisdom by the late Oliver Wissenbach a desperately sad early departure from life.
So for me, despite longing for a cold beer in a pub garden, I have loved the following…..
– having all the kids at home has meant many big family suppers and playing cards harmoniously for the first time.
– not rushing all over the place and making time for reading a backlog of articles from HR Zone and attending a variety of short webinars like yesterdays with Jules Hall for the Association of Business Mentors. He was sharing the fantastic insights of working with entrepreneurial children. I have adopted… #Bebrave #Becritical #Connectconnectconnect
– critical thinking about what I am delivering to my clients and as a result, creating my latest podcast show ‘More of the Mentoring Good Stuff’ exclusive for my clients, the first interview launched today with Julie Starr author of The Mentoring Manual and the second to come next week with Melissa Richardson from Art of Mentoring, Australia who is a trailblazer in this field on a national level.
– making the move with a client onto Zoom for their internal mentor training which was successful particularly as we were able to use Zoom rooms for breakout sessions. Similarly taking the plunge with ABM Assessment Centre for Professional Business Coach Mentors on 29th May 20.
– walking daily with my husband AND whilst out with him found an ad for a perfect local office. Signed and sealed ready to emerge! That would never have happened.
– recruiting my daughter whose A levels are cancelled to help me with filing, a thorough cleanse and reorganising.
There really are silver linings! I may not have secured three more corporate clients and made national radio to increase awareness on the importance of mentoring now more than ever before but I have loved this time to do all the above and feel ready to emerge in a better position.
What have been your silver linings?