The launch was Thursday 6th 2018 December at the Business and IP Centre, British Library, King’s Cross.
The format of the day was:
- A challenging panel interview with Professor David Clutterbuck and our Accreditation Officer Gaby Marcon Clarke;
- An observed recorded mentoring session with a business owner from the British Library’s Innovating for Growth programme.
Applicants, of which I was one, had to submit information covering our business and mentoring experience, niches and areas of expertise, case studies and a reflective piece on why we mentor.
Post-assessment we had to submit a reflection on the mentoring session and the business owner had to complete immediate feedback for the panel.
What a fantastic process. What did it do for me?
- reinforced the experience, achievements and wonderful businesses I have worked with over the years;
- how I use all that experience to support others and get results;
- checked my credibility;
- ensured that my personal development is what it should be;
- challenged my future path and annihilated any complacency;
- recharged my passion for what I do.
On top of all that I hung out with some great mentors, answered some terrific questions by some very impressive people and I know that some defining feedback is on its way as well as HOPEFULLY a confirmation that I can carry the hallmark of ABM Professional Coach Mentor – I shall let the world know if that is the case!
This was the launch and there are a few areas that need a tweak however this is a no brainer experience for any mentor operating out there especially one who is embracing the CCM movement. You should be up for it. Do it!